The Race Secretary is responsible for the planning, running and administration that goes into a club's swimming competitions. This can include creating meet programs, advertising meets, accepting entries and entry fees, running your club competitions, and posting results after meets are conducted.
If you'd like to run an Approved meet at your club (i.e. the results from your meet can be used to enter Swimming NSW events), you will need to follow our Meet Approval Process to gain meet approval.
A variety of helpful resources for Race Secretaries can be found below.
We're moving to the Club House soon
All club-focused content will soon move to the Club House (clubhouse.swimming.org.au) - Swimming NSW's new digital support resource created solely for grassroots administrators.
We invite you to explore the Club House today to see what's available there for clubs, and to learn your way around.
Race Secretary Resources
- Roles and Responsibilites
- Arrange all aspects of running the club swimming competitions
- Oversee the conduct of all club competitions
- Prepare competition programmes in cooperation with key officials
- Coordinate key staff for all competitions
- Liaise with pool staff and all other officials
- Work with media and assist in arranging interviews
- Liaise with swimmers, coaches, parents, team managers and all other club officials
- Conduct an evaluation after all competitions and report to the club committee
- Have a copy and be familiar with Swimming NSW and Swimming Australia competition rules
- Creating a program - templates
- Pool Deck Resources
- Open Water Resources
- Running an event at your club
SNSW Meet Approval & Results Verification Process - Coming Soon
Pre meet approval process (optional for clubs and areas) - Coming Soon
Technical Official Resources
- Resources for your Officials
- Timekeeper Lane Allocation Form
- Referees Report
- Technical Official Sign on Sheet
- Meet Directors Checklist
- Protest and Jury of Appeal Information
- Protest Form
- Appointments Template
- Rule Infraction Report Card
You can find a variety of Technical Official resources on this page, including: