The following video and screenshot guides will help you navigate your way through administering your club in Swim Cental. You'll also find general FAQs on this page that relate to administering club programs.
Additional Swim Central help guides that are particularly helpful for members can be found here.
You can find information on how to administer the Active Kids program here.
For further support from Swimming NSW contact us at any time:
Greta Brodie (02 8047 8509)
Josh Karp (02 8047 8505)
- How do I set up my banking details and GST preference?
- How does our club get paid our club fees after our members make online payments?
- I want to view and/or export a list of all members of my club. How do I do this?
- How can I email all of my club members at once?
- How do I change my committee position in Swim Central?
- How do I give or remove committee members' access to Swim Central?
- How do I add club terms and conditions for my members to agree to when they register?
- How do I add members to a Group in Swim Central?
Membership & Registration FAQ
- What is a Life Member?
- How do I add a new Life Member account?
- How do I link members together as a family group?
- How do I make a dependent, independent?
- How do I set up my membership packages?
- How do I edit my club membership fees?
- How do I add a new membership type?
- How do I change a member's member type?
- How do members transfer clubs?
Life Members are members who have been nominated by their club committee to receive lifetime membership at no cost. The predetermined nominations for Life Members are generally voted on according to the Club’s constitution, normally at an Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting with majority vote.
Those who hold a Life Membership have full competition privileges. For example, a 'Swimmer' may be listed as a Life Member, but does not require to be reflected as a 'Swimmer' member type in order to compete.
The Life Membership is transferrable to any club, however if a Life Member becomes a First Claim member of a different club where they have not received Life Membership, they incur the club portion of the Swimmer or Non Swimmer membership cost. If a Life Member joins a club as a Second Claim member, they incur the club portion of that club’s membership fee.
Life Member already has an account in your database
Life Member does not have an account in your database
- Glossary of Terms
- What if my members don’t have a credit/debit card?
- Visa pre-paid charge card - this can be purchased in preset amounts from Australia Post. Once the amount has been spent they can be thrown away. Note: these cards must have a CCV number – the 3-digit number found on the back of the card).
- Travel Money Card (Commonwealth Bank) – a pre-paid credit/debit card that can be purchased at any Commonwealth Bank location for $15. This is a generic prepaid card - not assigned by name to any one person. Up to $25,000 can be loaded onto it at any time. The card lasts for 3 years before it expires, and you can re-load the card at any time by BPAY. You do not need a Commonwealth Bank account to purchase this card.
- Visa Gift cards - these have preset limits and can be disposed of once fully spent. These are available at Australia Post outlets, 7-Eleven stores and Caltex petrol stations.
- What if my members don’t have internet access?
- Your club could run a Registration Day in which you provide a computer with internet access for your members to use.
- Members may have family or friends who would be willing to provide internet access.
- Community libraries offer free internet access to the public.
- Internet cafés may be accessible to your members.
- What happens if a member does not have an email address?
- What are my members able to do in Swim Central?
There are a few options available to members who wish to register, but do not have a credit/debit card. Note: the APT system only accepts Visa and MasterCard branded credit/debit cards.
Some examples of these options are:
Note: these gift cards must also have a CCV number.
There are several options that may be suitable for your member(s). For example:
Swimming NSW highly recommends that all members have an email address as this is the main method we use to distribute important information.
If this is not possible, a member is to enter in a friend or family member’s email address upon registration, so the system will continue with the remainder of the registration process.