The Vice President supports the club President in providing leadership to the club overall including organising the committee and over-seeing the performance of the club.
The Vice President steps into the President's role in their absence and can often be considered a successor when the role becomes available.
Vice President Resources
- Roles and Responsibilities
- In any event that the President is unable to fulfil their duties, the Vice President will step into that role.
- Chair Committee meetings in the Presidents absence, ensuring that they follow an agenda and are correctly recorded with minutes being archived.
- Support in leading the committee and ensuring strong Club governance
- Be a role model for the club, providing the club with a positive image at external functions
- Assist in the development of partnerships with other clubs, state associations, national sporting bodies, potential sponsors and funding organisations.
- Support the committee to manage any paid employees including but not limited to recruitment, selection, performance management and salaries.
- Have a strong level of experience in committee constitution, rules and duties
- Have a wealth of knowledge in sporting organisations, their activities and be able to provide guidance and leadership.
- Be able to listen to the feedback and views of members and other interested parties
- Be a positive role model and competent public speaker
- Have the ability to forward plan and lead the club to reaching its short term and long term goals.