Apply for affiliation with Swimming NSW
We look forward to receiving your application to become part of the Swimming NSW family.
Assembling your application
You will need to put together an affiliation proposal which would be considered by the Swimming NSW Board of Directors for approval. Our new club admission policy is a short document that details all of the things you will need to include in your proposal, and what the Board will consider to be favourable in a new club. You will also find a new club affiliation form included in this document.
Things you will need to include in your proposal to the Swimming NSW Board include, but are not limited to:
- $200 2016-17 affiliation payment (this covers your club affiliation fee only; members pay individual membership fees online after affiliation is approved)
- Rationale for creating club
- Member list, including members are Swimmers or Non-Swimmers, and if they are new members to Swimming NSW, or if they are transferring from another club
- Details of where you train/lane hire contract or the contract or agreement you have with the facility
- New Club Affiliation Form (included in New Club Admission Policy)
- Proof of Incorporation through Fair Trading
- Club Constitution (contact Kylie Garratt for a copy)
- Club By-Laws and Rules (download model By-Laws here)
Once you have assembled your proposal, please send it in to us either by email or mail (no need to send via both methods).
Email: Kylie Garratt (email@example.com)
Post: PO Box 571, Sydney Markets NSW 2129
Application review process
Once we have received your application our CEO will consult with your local swimming area to seek their opinion and approval before your application is taken to our Board.
Our Board of Directors will then review your proposal in one of their monthly meetings.
Kylie will notify you shortly after the Board meeting if your application has been successful or not.