Swimming NSW, NUsport, the University of Newcastle & the NSW Institute of Sport are partnering to create the NUsport Performance Hub at the University of Newcastle. The Head Coach will have significant experience to lead, influence and develop identified athletes to create a true high-performance program at the University of Newcastle.
They will be responsible for the provision of high-performance pool-deck coaching with the goal of optimising performances of these athletes nationally and internationally. In achieving this, the coach will be responsible for the planning and implementation of an integrated training program for the group on an annual, weekly and daily basis.
To be successful in this role, you will have specific high-performance swimming related experience over a sustained period of time and a proven track record of building a high-performance culture and achieving results personally and from your athletes. We are looking for an individual that can develop a seamless development pathway for talented age group swimmers as they progress through each squad in the NUsport program whilst achieving technical excellence at each level.
- Develop and manage the overall squad program in partnership with the NUsport team of coaches detailing high quality training and competition plans, athlete training schedules, camps, competition, testing and athlete progress benchmarks to ensure effective service planning, monitoring and delivery.
- Provide team and technical leadership and mentor the performance of team members by setting work objectives, assessing performance and providing feedback, development and coaching to develop staff capabilities and meet work objectives.
- Lead and coordinate the performance team delivering services and resources for athlete performance and improve performance outcomes of identified talent in the areas of physical, technical, psychological, health and life preparation.
- Promote a culture of performance excellence through our people, resources and facilities.
- Develop and build relationships with local clubs, coaches and scholarship and talent development athletes to deliver targeted training blocks (and camps) at the NUsport Performance Hub.
- Contribute to the Performance Culture of the High-Performance Swimming in NSW by way of Individual Athlete Performance Planning (IAPP) for identified athletes, AMS monitoring and reporting and Program updates as requested.
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the delivery of an integrated holistic development program including education, dual career and personal development based on the individual needs of the athletes.
- Strive to ensure that the NUsport Performance Hub is a first-choice daily performance environment for talented swimming athletes and coaches in the Newcastle and surrounding regions
This is a rare opportunity to work at one of NSW’s premier sporting facilities and to become a valued member of the Swimming NSW team.
Applications should be forwarded to Mark Heathcote (email@example.com) by 11.59PM Thursday 30th June 2022.