Swimming NSW is pleased to advise that applications for the Grassroots Sport Fund are now open and eligible clubs are encouraged to apply.
The Grassroots Sport Fund is part of the NSW Government’s Community Sport Recovery Package, providing a one-off grant of up to $1,000 for clubs and associations to help the sporting sector get back on its feet as sport returns in NSW. Swimming NSW, with support from the Office of Sport, will be responsible for administering the Fund to its eligible affiliated clubs.
Applications are now open. Eligible clubs are invited to apply by no later than Monday, 20 July 2020.
Please see below for important information regarding eligibility and the application process.
The Community Sport Recovery Package Guidelines outlines the eligibility requirements for clubs and associations.
For the Grassroots Sport Fund:
- the local club or association must be a legal entity and have been affiliated with an SSO or SSOD before 11 June 2020;
- the local club or association must be registered in NSW or have a registered business address in NSW;
- the local club or association must have registered members and participants;
- if the local club or association is a school, it must offer programs to the public;
- the local club or association was financially impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions between the period of March – June 2020; and
- the local club or association will use the payment for an approved purpose and has not already received assistance with this expense from local, state or Commonwealth government or others.
What can the funding be used for?
Grassroots Sport Fund payments to clubs and associations can be used for fixed costs such as:
- telephone and internet
- fixed vehicle or equipment costs (leases, registration); and
- other base operating costs including:
- affiliation fees
- EFTPOS and banking fees
- IT support arrangements; and
- essential equipment*.
*Essential equipment includes any equipment that is essential to the delivery of your club or association’s competition and training activities in a COVIDsafe environment. This may include additional equipment required to implement your COVID-19 Safety Plan, or other essential equipment required to deliver activities and administration requirements.
What information will I be required to provide?
Clubs and associations will be required to provide the following information as part of their applications:
- Legal Name of the club/association
- Organisation ABN / ACN / Incorporation Number (if your organisation has an ABN and an Incorporation No. the Incorporation Number is preferred)
- Organisation Address
- Organisation Key Contact Details (i.e. the person submitting the application)
- Organisation Bank Details (Account Name, BSB, Account Number)
- Confirmation that your organisation meets the eligibility criteria detailed above; and a declaration that the submission is true and correct.
Clubs and associations may be required to provide an invoice to Swimming NSW for payment once eligibility is verified.
All clubs and associations are encouraged to read the Community Sport Recovery Package Guidelines and the Grassroots Sport Fund Additional Information document prepared by the Office of Sport to ensure that they are eligible and have all of the required information ready to submit.
If you have further questions about the Grassroot Sport Fund, or to check the status of your eligibility, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. For technical issues associated with the online application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
Your club may be eligible for a range of state and federal government grants and funding opportunities to assist with the costs of new and improved infrastructure, the development and delivery of sport programs, and purchasing equipment. Visit our Grant and Funding page to find out more about the programs available right now.