Officiating is key to swimming being able to continue in its current form. Without officials, swimming events cannot go ahead – or they do so with limitations, such as not allowing times to be recognised for future event entries.
As such, Swimming NSW views young people as the future of the sport, both in swimming and officiating.
We wish to invite all officials under the age of 25 to our new Young Officials Program. Below is your invitation, where you can read lots more about the program itself, and get involved!
Young Officials Program
The Swimming NSW TSC is offering twenty (20) places at both Metropolitan SC and Country SC meets for technical officials under the age of 25 years to participate in a program to develop and accelerate their training. Parents of applicants under the age of 18 years are required to accompany the participant. Up to 20 Metropolitan and 20 Country officials will be selected annually by the SNSW TSC, from applicants.
- SNSW Technical Official black polo
- SOPAC car parking permit for the duration of the event
- priority admission to the 2023 Referees Training Course commencing January 2023
- accommodation discount at Courtyard by Marriott, North Ryde
- participants who wish to share accommodation to minimise their out-of-pocket expenses may arrange bookings through SNSW Office
- a suitable expense reimbursement and SNSW will also pay a session allowance as determined annually for those who work the required minimum number of State meets as determined by SNSW
- extra support when they apply for future SNSW meets and training programs
To apply, you must:
- be a registered member of your State Association
- be of secondary school age or older
- hold a current Working with Children Check (if 18 or over).
Applications close for:
- officials attending the Country SC Championships Sunday 5 June
- officials attending the Metropolitan SC Championships Sunday 19 June
The future of officiating
- More info for ATSCCs
- Advertising resources for clubs
You can read more information about our Young Officials Program on our website.
We’ve created a range of marketing materials to help clubs with recruiting vital volunteer support from their members. Visit our Club House website to access our Technical Official Marketing Toolkit which features a range of social media images, editable pdf flyers and promotional copy to help with recruiting the next generation of Technical Officials at your club.