*****Athletes who have already entered into Long Course Qualifying Meet #1 are in-eligible to enter this meet. Entries cannot be swapped between the two events. Any athlete that enters who is not eligible will be withdrawn*****
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
Final Start List
If you experience technical difficulties when trying to enter, please contact Events Manager Greta Brodie email@example.com or phone 02 8047 8509 for assistance.
- 800m & 1500m Freestyle and 400m Individual Medley Entries
- 400m Freestyle Qualifying Times will be used to enter the 800m Freestyle & 1500m Freestyle events for both Males & Females at this meet
- 200m Individual Medley Qualifying Times will be used to enter the 400m Individual Medley events for both Males & Females at this meet
- Entry Fine Print
Entries for this meet close Tuesday 6th October 2020 OR when entry limit of 500 Athletes is reached
- Long Course and Short Course times achieved since 1 May, 2019 can be used to enter this meet
- An approved qualifying time must have been achieved, uploaded and approved by the specified closing time and date of the meet
- It is the responsibility of the person processing the online entries to ensure that all times listed in the system are legal and valid to the swimmer.
- Manual Entries will not be accepted
- Payment for online Individual entries must be completed online via Swim Central at the time of processing in order to be accepted
- Individual Entries - $10.50
- Swimming NSW does not take any responsibility for entries processed via AnotherPB or any other external avenue. Please ensure you have checked that your entries and payments were successful with these companies prior to the entry closing date to ensure your entries will be accepted on time
- COVID-19 Health & Safety Measures
- If you or any member of your household are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend the event.
- If you or any member of your household have tested positive for COVID-19, please do not attend the event.
- If you or any member of your household have visited any of the locations listed on the NSW Health website here, https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates or Victoria in the last 14 days, please do not attend the event. Please note that this page is updated daily, so we ask that you check back regularly to this page prior to the event.
- If you are unable to attend due to the reasons above, Swimming NSW will provide you with a full refund for your entries.
- All swimmers and spectators will need to register their details with a Swimming NSW staff member prior to entry into the venue.
- Please practice proper hygiene whilst present at the event and if you do begin to feel unwell during the day, please leave the venue. There will be several hand sanitiser stations available throughout the venue as well as fully stocked bathroom facilities.
- Swimming NSW encourages the wearing of masks at the event for spectators and competitors when they are not swimming, although this is not mandatory.
- Please be mindful of social distancing at all times, particularly for spectators
- There will be COVID Marshalls and Swimming NSW staff in attendance at the Aquatic Centre and respectfully ask for your compliance and cooperation with complying with instructions from these individuals.
- We ask that you minimise your time at the venue and only attend for the period that you need to swim. We encourage all competitors to shower at home after the meet.
- Swimming NSW encourages competitors to bring any food or drink they require with them and do not share this with others.
- Please bring with you, all of your own equipment that you need to compete and please do not share this with others.
- Swimming NSW staff will ensure that any equipment that does need to be shared to ensure the smooth running of the meet is cleaned at regular intervals throughout the event.
- If you have not already done so, we encourage you to download the COVIDSafe app.
- COVID-19 Event FAQs
- Please note, due to Covid-19 restrictions there will be a limit of 1 spectator per competitor at this meet. Thus, you will only be able to purchase one ticket for each day of the event.
- If more than one spectator per competitor arrives at the venue, only one of the spectators will be granted entry.
- If you have more than one swimmer in your family attending, we strongly encourage that only one spectator per family attends to assist with social distancing measures
- If you require a concession ticket, please contact Swimming NSW directly on the below email address
- Programs for this event will be sent electronically & will not be available for purchase at the venue
- Volunteers & Officiating
- Swimming NSW 2020-2021 Summer Meets
As stated on the event program & qualifying times:
Entries for these events cannot be placed via Swim Central & a manual entry must be placed. If you wish to enter these events, please complete this form and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the entry closing date- Tuesday 29th September 2020 @ 5pm.
Please note, manual entries will only be accepted for the events listed above. All other entries must be processed via Swim Central.
*****Athletes who have already entered Long Course Qualifying Meet #1 are in-eligible to enter this meet. Entries cannot be swapped between the two events. Any athlete that enters who is not eligible will be withdrawn and a refund will not be provided.*****
We ask that you please be aware of the following safety information in relation to the event. This advice may change prior to the meet and any changes will be communicated directly with you.
*Updated Tuesday 25 August 2020 and is subject to change at any time without notice*
The current health situation in NSW and across the country is constantly changing. Swimming NSW will continue to plan for a full 2020-21 summer season of events and as such has opened, and will continue to open, entries for events through to the end of the year. Understandably, while the situation remains fluid, you may have some questions about how the upcoming meets will be administered to comply with government regulations and health guidelines. To help our community make sense of the current situation, we have put together answers to some FAQs below.
Am I allowed to compete at a meet outside of my area?
If the meet is on 30 September or earlier: No, you can only attend events within the area that your club is affiliated with or events that comprise only of competitors from the same area that you are from. A list of areas and their clubs can be found here.
If the meet is after 30 September: Yes. Providing there are no changes to the current Government Guidelines (which is subject to change at any time), you can enter meets that are anywhere in NSW that you are eligible for. E.g. NSW Long Course Qualifying Meet, 10 & 11 October.
The latest NSW Community Sport Guidelines that came into place on Wednesday 19 August, advises that swimmers compete at meets in their local areas only. Club/event organisers are to ensure that no out of area participants attend their events. This restriction will remain in place until 30 September 2020.
Can spectators attend?
Under current health guidelines, one parent can attend per child. Spectators will be required to pre-purchase tickets for the event (which will be available for purchase on our event page closer to the event) and will assigned an area for seating. We ask that if you have more than one swimmer attending in your family, that only one spectator attends per family where possible.
How will Swimming NSW satisfy the 500-capacity limit at the event venue?
Swimming NSW will have procedures in place to adhere to the Government restrictions. We have a strict cap of 500 participants and will stagger entry times for competitors to the venue, based on the events they are competing in. Limits to the number of spectators allowed into the venue will also apply.
Does the 500 capacity limit include spectators, staff & officials?
A 500-capacity limit will be applied to pool deck and the grandstand (i.e. 500 on pool deck & 500 in the stands). The pool deck limit will also include staff and officials. Guidelines on this will be distributed to attendees with the start list.
If the current prospected guidelines change and I am no longer able to attend will I receive a refund?
Yes, if a meet is unable to go ahead or changes to Government restrictions exclude you from attending an event refund will be provided.
What other COVID Health & Safety Measures should I be aware of on the day?
Swimming NSW will distribute all important venue and event specific information in regard to COVID-19 protocols prior to the event to all attendees.
Still have questions?
Please contact our Events Manager email@example.com
Please be mindful that, like everyone right now, SNSW is working in an ever-changing environment. We may not have immediate answers to some questions, while the answers to others may change week-by-week. We will be sure to provide any updates to our members as we are informed of them. We thank you for your patience.
To purchase Spectator Tickets for this event please click here
Spectator Pass- Saturday Only
Spectator Pass- Sunday Only
Nominate to Volunteer or Officiate at this meet
We are seeking nominations from volunteers and Technical Officials to assist at this meet.
Submit your nomination on this page.
Working With Children Check
As of January 1st, 2015, it has become a requirement of the Sporting Organisation that all our staff, officials and volunteers have applied for a Working With Children Check.
If you have not yet completed this, you can apply for a WWC number HERE.
Please note: for volunteers (including volunteers and technical officials), this is free to obtain.
Spectators are entitled to $18* Carnival flat rate parking if you park in P2 (the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre carpark). Please ensure that you have your ticket validated at the front entrance to the pool to secure this Carnival rate.
*Price increase effective 1/01/2020
The 2020-2021 Summer Meet Schedule can be found here