A short (90 mins), online interactive and informative workshop to help swimmers, coaches, leaders, parents, and administrators recognise the signs and symptoms of someone with mental health concerns. This webinar is an ideal starting point for people to learn about how to support someone going through these issues.
- understand common mental health issues in sporting environments
- recognise mental health concerns, including sign and symptoms of mental illness
- practical ways to respond during a crisis situation
- employ practical knowledge and skills development to build resilience
- use early intervention and support to reduce the impact of mental health within your sporting community
- get help, including learning about support organisations in your area for further referral.
The Mental Health Matters webinar is suitable for participants 16 years and up and is open to members of Swimming NSW clubs located in regional areas.
This course will be fully delivered online and is facilitated by Australian Red Cross.
How to Register
Click on the "Register Here" button above to visit Red Cross' registration page. Select “Mental Health Matters Webinar” from the drop down menu and complete the form.
Participants will receive Zoom Link information and access to an online workbook following registration. Please check your, ‘Junk’ or ‘Clutter’ folders for the email containing these links. If you do not receive this email please contact us on the details below.
For enquiries regarding registration and technical issues please contact Red Cross on: 1800 733 276 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For general enquiries regarding the Lane Ropes for Life program contact: email@example.com