2016 NSW State Open ChampionshipsImage (c) Swimming Australia
Location: Sydney Olympic Park
Contact: Cherry Smith
Telephone: 02 9763 5833
Email: [email protected]
Timelines : Are to be used as GUIDELINES only
Swimming NSW is proud to officially launch its online Timekeeping Training Course. This new initiative is designed to help our volunteers quickly and easily gain the confidence and skills to help run a swim meet. Timekeeping is the first course available and we hope to add more in the near future.
Our volunteers have told us for some time that one of the key barriers to them officiating in our sport is having the time to complete the necessary training. Now with the Swimming NSW Online Timekeeping Training Course, interested individuals can complete the training when and where they want.
Once individuals have successfully completed the training they will receive a certificate to print out and take to their next Swim Meet so they can be assessed to become a fully accredited Timekeeper.
We would encourage you to send this to your Club Members who will be attending the upcoming Swimming NSW meets so they can get their Timekeeper Accreditation.
To view the course and other courses as they become available please visit the Swimming NSW training page here (https://nswtraining.swimming.org.au/)
Meet Synopsis - Coming Soon
This event will be held Friday to Sunday, 4th - 6th March, 2016 at the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park.
All days Heats Warm Up to commence at: 7:30am - all days
Finals Warm Up on Friday and Saturday to commence at: 4:30pm
Finals Warm Up on Sunday to commence at: 4:00pm
All days Heats Sessions to commence at: 9:00am - all days
Finals Sessions on Friday and Saturday to commence at: 6:00pm
Finals Session on Sunday to commence at: 5:30pm
LONG COURSE and SHORT COURSE TIMES ACHIEVED SINCE 1ST JANUARY, 2015 CAN BE USED TO ENTER THIS MEET
- Competitors must enter with their long course entry times where possible, however if you enter using a Short Course entry time you must be entered on the Qualifying Time for that event.
- You may enter this meet via your club Race Secretary using either a Team Manager or Meet Manager E-Entry file. Proof of Times (POT) report MUST be sent with ALL E-Entries, see below for instructions on how to produce a POT.
- Race Secretaries: Please ensure that if you enter a swimmer on a short course time, that you change the entry time to the long course Qualifying Time PRIOR to sending your entries through.
- Entries will be accepted until the advertised closing time and date
- **NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED under any circumstances. If you experience technical difficulties when trying to enter, please contact [email protected] at least 24hours PRIOR to the closing date and time to ensure assistance can be given**
- Manual Card Entries WILL NOT be accepted.
- Online entries will incur a 1.5% credit card surcharge
- E-entry payments can be made by Cheque or EFT. Cheques to be made payable to Swimming NSW and posted to PO Box 571, SYDNEY MARKETS NSW 2129. NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Individual Entries - $16.00 each
- Relay Entries - $32.00 each
- Please ensure you have read and understood our REFUND POLICY before proceeding with your entries.
- **PLEASE NOTE** The “Competitor Listing” shown on the OME entry page, is NOT a full list of competitors. This list only includes ONLINE ENTRIES. A FULL Start List will be uploaded to this calendar page AFTER the closing time and date for all entries.
Click HERE to begin your online meet entry (OME)
**Possible Payment Error: Should you receive an error message after making payment, please DO NOT attempt to pay again. Please contact Shannon or Cherry from Swimming NSW (02) 9763 5833 to confirm your entry**
Entries close at 5pm on Wednesday 24th February, 2016.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
**If you experience technical difficulties when trying to enter, please contact [email protected] at least 24hours PRIOR to the closing date and time to ensure assistance can be given**
Race Secretaries must submit this report WITH their E-entries otherwise entries WILL NOT be processed.
To do this: click on Reports from the main screen of Team Manager, then click on Meet Reports > Meet Entries. Select the Meet and then in “Other Options” click on “Include Proof Of Times”, then create report.
If you do not have this information in your Team Manager database then you need to provide some other form of POT, ie screen grab, .pdf of result etc.
E-ENTRIES WITHOUT PROOF OF TIMES REPORT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
Online Entries for Relay entries are not yet available. Please use the Meet Manager or Team Manager files available on this page.
PLEASE NOTE: Relay forms MUST be submitted to the Chief Recorder prior to the commencement of the session in which the relay is to be swum REGARDLESS of whether you submitted these previously through the E-Entry System.
Failure to do so may result in the Team being WITHDRAWN from the event.
Relay forms can also be downloaded from the Swimming NSW Website.
The personal use of backstroke ledges will not be permitted to be used at SNSW conducted meets. This meet will be providing backstroke ledges for use by competitors.
The Swimming NSW Refund Policy can be found HERE on our Entry Procedures page, under Further Resources. Please make sure you have read and understand this policy before withdrawing from this event.
FREE ENTRY INTO THE VENUE FOR ALL COMPETITORS AND CHILDREN 18 YEARS & UNDER
No need to queue. Just go through the aisle for Competitor and PRE PAID for free entry into the venue. PLEASE NOTE: Photo ID may be requested for proof of age.
Day Passes, Meet Passes and Event Programs for this event will be on sale through The Ticket Group.
For all ticketing enquires or if you do not receive your spectator passes, please contact The Ticket Group directly on 1300 111 369
Day Passes, Meet Passes and Event Programs for this event will also be on sale at the door.
All passes for this event are general admission only. Please note that no reserved seating is available for this event.
There will be no merchandise available at this meet.
Technical Officials wishing to nominate at this meet can do so by clicking HERE. Nominations close Thursday 28th January, 2016 at 5:00pm.
We are seeking volunteers to assist at this meet. If you are interested, please see our Volunteer Information Page and fill out the nomination form when it becomes available.
As of January 1st, 2015, it has become a requirement of the Sporting Organisation that all our staff, officials and volunteers have applied for a Working With Children Check.
If you have not yet completed this, you can apply for a WWC number HERE.
Please note: for volunteers (including volunteers and technical officials), this is free to obtain.
Spectators are entitled to $15 Carnival flat rate parking if you park in P2 (the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre carpark). Please ensure that you have your ticket validated at the front entrance to the pool to secure this Carnival rate.
Please note: if you park in the overflow area which requires you to "pay and display" you will not be eligible to receive the Carnival $15 flat rate parking.
Please contact Swimming NSW if you have forgotten your username and password.